Thursday, April 7, 2011

Trust Your Heart, Do you?

Hello Dear,

Do you trust yourself? What a silly question to ask, isn't it? Everybody do trust themselves! But here I am asking about your inner-self. Does your inner subconscious self believe in your external conscious self? Think about it. Still not clear? How often you break your own promises like 'I will get up early tomorrow' or 'I will clean my room today itself' or 'I will not smoke today' or 'I will not lie to my parents or partner'. Every time you break your promises you are giving your subconscious self a message that your conscious self is a liar. Do you believe in a person whom you know as a liar? Never. When you break these small-small promises of yours, your inner-self loses the belief in you. And when a challenge comes to your way and when your conscious-self prepares to face the challenge your subconscious self says to you "No I don't trust you, do not take the challenge, you never keep your promises". You eventually end up with running away from the challenge.

Now the question arises "How can I make my subconscious self-believe me?" You cannot do that by giving commands to your inner-self as it doesn't understand commands. The only way is to make your subconscious self feel that you are a trustworthy person. Give your inner-self promises that can be achieved very easily, only those promises which you can keep and always keep those promises. For example, 'Tomorrow I will get up half an hour earlier than I did today' Keep that promise and then feel good about that. It is very important to feel good about that, as the feeling is the process of passing the message to your inner-self that 'Now you can start to trust me'. Stop giving excuses like 'Yesterday I slept late, so not able to get up early today, tomorrow I will get up early for sure'. All these excuses picturize you as a cheater who finds out silly excuses for not keeping your promises. "Always keep your promises".

Let's begin now itself, start giving small promises to yourself. Always keep your promises and let's get ready to face any challenges in life that you believe you can conquer.

Jai Hind.

No comments: